|The MUSIC Group is a very different kind of company, and we are proud to be different. With a strong mission, a clear strategy and much fun, we are a great team of specialists building the Next Big Thing in Pro Audio, MI and Consumer Electronics.
Equally passionate about the products we make and the people we make them for, we thrive on breaking the mold and setting new standards in product quality, reliability and value.
Internally we are committed to systems that enable accelerated decision making based on facts that lead to successful execution and deliverables. Highly structured, fast paced and uncompromising in our commitment to quality, we maintain the agility and innovation of a startup with a fanatic discipline, focus and determination bolstered by over two decades of proven success. Most of all, we are incredibly capable, fun-loving family of people brought together by an immense passion for music and winning.
We take pride in our people who truly embody the 4E+1P Principle that Jack Welch defined:
|Energy||People who have the insatiable appetite for more challenge, more accomplishment and will to win.
|Energize||The ability to infect others with your vision and help them see the opportunities.
|Edge||Ability to make the Yes or No decisions that lead to the winner's circle, regardless of the obstacles.
|Execution||Knowing the difference between talking the talk and walking the walk.
|Passion||Living what you do and loving it!|
Manager, Product Management Consumer
Location: Seattle, United States
The Product Manager (PM) is responsible for identifying new product opportunities, developing and executing product management plans, overseeing the product line administration, demonstrating responsiveness to day to day customer product support needs, and collaborating with product marketing. The PM will be called on to use sound business judgment in order to drive innovative new products to market which reshape the company, the industry and the marketplace.
The PM coordinates and champions the complete product lifecycle and product development activities. The person serves as the product/brand expert and focal point person to manage all communications for product commitments to external and internal customers. These include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare product requirement documents (PRD) and the business cases (both qualitative and quantitative) in order to secure management approvals for product development proposals and projects
- Work closely with the internal Concept, Engineering, and Manufacturing resources to ensure proper translation of the PRD into the appropriate Technical Specification documentation
- Lead the product development stages within the product development process, develop and lead cross functional teams with the R&D, Concept, Engineering and Project Management Teams
- Ensure that all assigned products are developed within the product development process and are on schedule, within budget, and meet functional and unit cost specifications
- Plan and coordinate the development and introduction of product enhancements to extend/maximize product life/profitability
- Create strategic proposals; manage responses and commitments to sales inquiries for requests for product information, competitive sales information, product demonstrations, and other support requirements
- Monitor product sales & pricing trends, and margin levels against forecasted contributions
- Select, prioritize and coordinate cost-reduction activities
- Align product line to meet corporate strategic goals and recommend new strategies to executive management
- Ensure that the assigned products are effectively positioned and priced against the competition to achieve tactical sales objectives
- Monitor, evaluate, and define tactical responses to competitive threats and ensure that any strategic threats are actively communicated to executive management
- Develop, prepare and manage the delivery of all product positioning and strategic selling information to internal and external customers and maintain the ability to provide timely support of all tactical sales situations
- Define, prepare and manage the delivery of all product support information including but not limited to product sales literature, services, repair and other product support documentation, sales and technical support training materials, etc.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 3 - 5+ years product management of custom-developed, high-tech, electronic hardware products in the professional audio, musical instruments and/or consumer electronics market space
- Asian-based sourcing, in-house, OEM and ODM manufacturing experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience of taking products from concept to market and managing the processes behind this work. Including, but not limited to: business case development, internal budget justifications, developing release requirements, direct and intensive interactions with engineering and sales for both new product development (NPD) and new product introduction (NPI) activities
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, project management, technical understanding of various operating systems, networking technologies, hardware/software development and quality management processes
- P&L managerial ownership
- Formal presentation experiences to technical forums, trade organizations and customers
- Product responsibility of both hardware and software solutions
- Advanced education preferred, but not mandatory
Send us your résumé!
Due to the volume of résumés (CV’s) we receive, it is important to name your file properly to ensure you are considered for the correct position and location. Please name your résumé following the example below.
Name your résumé (or CV):
Replace LASTNAME Firstname_YYYY-MM-DD with your name and date.
If you are applying for the position of Financial Controller in Singapore, your name is Bill Smith, the date is June 15, 2009, and your file is an MS Word document, your file name should look like this:
Or, if your document is a PDF, your file name should look like this: