|The MUSIC Group is a very different kind of company, and we are proud to be different. With a strong mission, a clear strategy and much fun, we are a great team of specialists building the Next Big Thing in Pro Audio, MI and Consumer Electronics.
Equally passionate about the products we make and the people we make them for, we thrive on breaking the mold and setting new standards in product quality, reliability and value.
Internally we are committed to systems that enable accelerated decision making based on facts that lead to successful execution and deliverables. Highly structured, fast paced and uncompromising in our commitment to quality, we maintain the agility and innovation of a startup with a fanatic discipline, focus and determination bolstered by over two decades of proven success. Most of all, we are incredibly capable, fun-loving family of people brought together by an immense passion for music and winning.
We take pride in our people who truly embody the 4E+1P Principle that Jack Welch defined:
|Energy||People who have the insatiable appetite for more challenge, more accomplishment and will to win.
|Energize||The ability to infect others with your vision and help them see the opportunities.
|Edge||Ability to make the Yes or No decisions that lead to the winner's circle, regardless of the obstacles.
|Execution||Knowing the difference between talking the talk and walking the walk.
|Passion||Living what you do and loving it!|
Senior Engineer, Systems
Location: Seattle, United States
- Direct, manage and execute administration of a global systems infrastructure required to support MUSIC group projects and initiatives
- Provide leadership role in conceptualization, planning and full implementation of systems infrastructure setup of projects and initiatives that requires system administration to ensure highly efficient and robust system architecture
- Recommend and put in place equipment and software solutions in support of the business requirements to ensure high availability and high performing system architecture
- Collaborate with Information Technology group, project stakeholders, lead junior engineers to ensure compliance on the company overall project goals and requirements in the area of System Administration
- Conceptualize and implement system administration processes to systematize and standardize IT practices and procedures, capacity planning and risk mitigation
- Create and maintain project documentation and artifacts in areas relating to System Administration to facilitate effective communication flow on server architecture and provide an up-to-date reference on how they are currently configured and why
- Evaluate and contribute estimates needed to deliver System Administration related targets to ensure timeliness and alignment on the overall project goals
- Provide support on escalated issues or conduct escalation process to hardware and software vendors technical support, Information Technology group and project stakeholder to resolve issues relating to System Administration (includes participating in 24X7 system support rotation)
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Technology or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 plus years automating, supporting and engineering heterogeneous environments for enterprise applications
- Experience managaing system configurations with tools such as Puppet, Cher of Cfenginer
- Experience rolling out software releaseses for highly available OLTP environments
- Experience implementing DR solutions
- In-depth hands-on knowledge of SANs, LDAP, SSO, Web Services, SaaS, IaaS in a heterogeneous environment
- Experience with VMware, KVM, XEN
- Expert level Linux or '*nix knowledge"
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS) and Windows administration, support, monitoring (JMX, Nagios) and tuning
- Experience with continuous deployments and zero touch deployments
- Deployments to and maintenance of various Oracle and SAP platforms
- Experience with large-scale, real-time systems
- Experience with data persistence technologies (MySQL, Oracle) and on tools and automation development (Chef, Capistrano, C#, bash, awk, Perl, PHP and/or Python)
- Excellent team player with good communication, organizational and documentation skills. Ability to create clear, concise reports as well as create and maintain complex infrastructure diagrams
- Experience implementing systems monitoring and alerting
- 5-10 years of sysetns administration experience managing a high-volume, highly available infrastructure environment
- Experience desigining and implementing disaster recovery solutions in the systems space
- Experience deploying and managing automated configuration environments in virtualized environments
- Strong technical problem resolution skills
- Outspoken and is comfortable with performance monitoring and be proactive about recommending upgrades and improvements to the infrastructure
- Ability to clearly communicate system architectural design and principles
- Ability to see the big picture aligning systems infrastructure with overall IT and business goals
- Team player with excellent collaborative skills across functions in the infrastructure space
- Must have manageed a complex systems environment in a medium to large enterprise for at least 3 years continuously
- 24X7 on-call availability (in rotation)
Send us your résumé!
Due to the volume of résumés (CV’s) we receive, it is important to name your file properly to ensure you are considered for the correct position and location. Please name your résumé following the example below.
Name your résumé (or CV):
Replace LASTNAME Firstname_YYYY-MM-DD with your name and date.
If you are applying for the position of Financial Controller in Singapore, your name is Bill Smith, the date is June 15, 2009, and your file is an MS Word document, your file name should look like this:
Or, if your document is a PDF, your file name should look like this: